European tin market sources say fighting in Myanmar, rather than an effort by Indonesia to cap tin exports, is more likely to lead to an increase in the world price of tin, reports Metal Bulletin on February 20. Currently signs of an increase in the price of tin have yet to emerge on the London…
Lashio (Myanmar) (AFP) – Myanmar on Tuesday declared a state of emergency in a conflict-torn border region, where ferocious fighting between the army and ethnic rebels has sent thousands fleeing airstrikes and fierce gun battles. Civilians have come under fire in the deadly clashes between the army and Kokang rebels in Shan state, local officials…
President Thein Sein has declared a state of emergency in Myanmar’s eastern region of Kokang. A three-month period of martial law has also been imposed there after fighting broke out between ethnic minority rebels. Mayanmar’s president appeared in two separate broadcasts on state television on Tuesday evening, announcing that the 90-day state of emergency had…
(CNN)Days of clashes with rebels from a minority ethnic group in northern Myanmar have left 47 government soldiers dead and dozens more wounded, state media reported Friday. The fighting with the Kokang rebels began Monday in the town of Laukkai, near the border with China, the state-run newspaper The Global New Light of Myanmar said….
MANDALAY (MYANMAR) (AFP) - Myanmar rebels Saturday said the national army had launched fresh air strikes following the government’s rare admission that dozens of its soldiers had died in a dramatic resurgence of conflict in a remote region bordering China. Unrest in Kokang, Shan State, which erupted on February 9 after six years of relative calm,…
- AIPMC MEMBERSHIP DRIVE AT MALAYSIAN PARLIAMENT
- ANNOUNCEMENT: AIPMC NEW STEERING COMMITTEE 2008 – 2010
- S.E. ASIAN LAWMAKERS NUDGE INDIA, CHINA ON MYANMAR
- JAPAN SECURITY ENVIRONMENT 'INCREASINGLY SEVERE'
- ISRAEL 'TO DESTROY' HAMAS GAZA TUNNELS - NETANYAHU
- YOMA PLANS TO DEVELOP MORE HOTELS, OFFICES IN MYANMAR
- VISA, MASTERCARD EXPECS MOBILE PAYMENT TAKEOVER
- ONE SWISS DIES IN CAR ACCIDIENT IN YANGON-NAY PYI TAW
- CHIN STATE GOVERNMENT PLANS HOTEL ZONE
- ANMAR, ASEAN TO SHARE BENEFITS FROM GLOBAL LIMELIGHT